Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Quick Morning Update

Ouf. Apologies for the lack of updates the past week or so; Thanksgiving was lovely, but now it is over, and I'm kicking it into 5th gear for the end of the semester. Just to make myself feel better (since the list of things is somehow not as overwhelming when I actually write it out), here is everything I need to have done by December 15th:

- Record my Armenian speaker for my phonetics project (Thursday)
- Write a 3-4 page response to a paper (Friday)
- Finish reviewing abstracts for the Berkeley Linguistics Society conference (Monday)
- Give a presentation on an article from the Journal of Phonetics (Monday)
- Turn in my last phonetics assignment (Monday)
- Turn in my syntax term paper (Tuesday)
- Write two reviews of papers for my pronunciation seminar (next Thursday)
- Study for my phonetics final (next Saturday)
- Turn in my phonetics project (Monday, 12/15)

...I think that's everything. It's really not so bad, and it's all spread out enough that I think I can manage it.

In less stressful news, I *finally* got a haircut yesterday, and it feels *great*. While no one will ever replace Kathleen at Hairbenders, I think I have found my Berkeley haircut lady, and she is wonderful.

And finally, I've been waiting to update about this, but I can't wait any more: Roger has a job interview this afternoon! The CEO of that place I mentioned last time is calling him today at 2:00 for a phone interview, and assuming it goes well, they're meeting in person on Monday. Cross your fingers and toes for him, but he's such a smarty, and he interviews really well, so I'm sure he'll do great. I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your haircut, I
know the feeling. I'm hoping to
get a perm tomorrow if the weather
cooperates. We're very excited
about Roger's possible new job.
I know it's not a done deal but
it sounds encouraging. We'll be
anxiously waiting the outcome of
the interviews.
Lotsa luck with love.
Grandma and Grandpa

Michelle Moulton said...

The last time I was in Hairbenders, Erin asked me how you and your mom were doing. I said, "Great!" and gave the whole Hairbenders crew an update.