Saturday, December 20, 2008

Good news all around!

My mommy has informed me that this blog is in need of update, and she is right. I am just chock full of good news right now!

First and foremost: Roger has been hired at the job he interviewed for last week! (Hooray!!) We are both beyond excited and relieved, and he can't wait to start work. He starts January 5th and will be making the commute to Daly City every day, which maybe isn't ideal, but definitely tolerable; it's about 75 minutes one way, but that's actually pretty good for around here, I think. I guess the place also said there'll be an opportunity for telecommuting in the future, which means he may get to work from home sometimes.

Less excitingly, I'm done with my first semester of grad school! (Hooray!) I handed in my last paper on Monday night, then did absolutely nothing on Tuesday and Wednesday. Well, I went for a run on Wednesday, I think. Then on Thursday I started cleaning the house, and yesterday I already started to get bored and decided I would learn to work with the Natural Language Tool Kit over break. This involves learning some programming, but I've needed to do that for a while, so I think it's time to dive in.

Today I'm going to take the dogs for a run, eat some oatmeal, and grade my last set of papers. I might even do some laundry. Tomorrow I'm going to clean some more and I don't know what else, and Monday, my mommy will be here! The next few weeks should be really good, I think.

2 comments:

704Studio said...

Good news, and just in time for the holidays!

Sounds like life is good, congratulations to both you and Roger for a job well done...

Anonymous said...

I talked to Peg just a few minutes
ago and she's just as excited as
you are, can't wait to get going.
You guys are going to have a really
great Christmas I think. Merry
Christmas to everyone.


Hugs and kisses,
Grandma and Grandpa