Friday, December 5, 2008

Grrrr...

This makes me a very unhappy camper. I was hoping for a kick-ass long run tomorrow, but running 10 miles would probably not be considered "limiting outdoor exertion". Pollution sucks. Maybe I'll hit the gym. :-P

Roger's interview went really well on Wednesday! He has his in-person interview this coming Tuesday, and he said the guy was dropping hints on the phone that they want to hire him. It's still looking good!

Our former roommate Alex might be coming to visit in about two weeks, which would be very fun. Alex works in LA now, and he was supposed to be transferred to a different office in LA, but it turns out there might be a job opening in Oakland, so Roger's doing his best to convince him to come work up here. My immediate reaction was something like, "I don't really want Alex to come live with us." But then I realized that him moving "here" doesn't mean he'd actually be moving here here; he'd have his own place, of course, duh. I guess I just associate Alex living somewhere nearby to mean like... in a different part of the same house as us. Anyway, it would be great if he moved up here, so that will be really fun if it works out.

I'm excited on many levels right now, but partially because I just ordered this bed yesterday. Now people will have a real place to sleep when they come visit, and it will be a huge space saver for our extra bedroom. I think it's nice enough that we don't need another bed, which means we can basically make that room into an office for Roger and keep the bed in the closet until we need it. So that combined with the possibility of this job, combined with the fact that I'm really tired of doing homework, means I had fun looking at the Ikea website yesterday and coming up with ideas for fun stuff to get for our house. I can't wait to be able to make it look nice!

Ok, I should probably get ready for class. In 11 days, my semester will be effectively over, and I can sleep in, run with my dogs in the cool December sun, and hopefully fix up our house! Que la vie est belle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All your latest news sounds great.
Maybe things are starting to go
your way hopefully, Good luck to
Roger on Tuesday. If they realize
his potential, the job is in the
bag.



Love you,
Grandma and Grandpa

704Studio said...

Pollution alerts? Oh my, I guess Urbana has one thing over California... :)

Hoping Roger has some good luck at the interview, it sounds promising!

You have a tough academic schedule this week - your strong, though, you can keep it all tied together - have fun!