Saturday, August 16, 2008

Toutes mes excuses, mesdames et messieurs!

Hello to my adoring blog fans! ;) ;)

This is going to be very fast because I'm at the library and I'm hungry. Right now I'm just posting to apologize profusely for taking so long to update, and to let you know we've made it to our new home safe and sound (after a lot more hassle and expense than we had planned on!). Basically what happened is our Jeep broke down about half way through Nevada and we had to stay in a hotel in the middle of nowhere for two days because the local U-Haul was closed. But at least there was a local U-Haul! We were finally able to leave good ol' Elko, NV on Monday morning after renting a truck, transferring all of our belongs from the trailer we had been towing, and then towing our broken down Jeep behind the truck all the way to Berkeley. We finally made it here late Monday night and have been having an extremely busy week as we acquire and assemble furniture and get our new house in order. So far so good, though! We all really love the house - the dogs are soooo happy with their new backyard, and even Roger has started to warm up to the Bay Area.

I'll post again soon with more details about the move and pictures, but you'll have to be patient with me, as we haven't had a chance to set up internet access at home yet. (I'm typing this from the library.) It's quite the Catch-22; we can't get internet because we don't have internet, which we need to look up the right phone numbers. *sigh*

Anyway, just wanted to let you know we're all happy and healthy (except for our poor Jeep...) and that I'll have a real update for you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the quick update - can't wait to see some pictures!! hope all is well. when do classes start?

Melinda said...

Classes start tomorrow!! I'm pretty excited, since we've been as moved in as we can be for a while now (we'll need to buy more stuff before we can complete the process, but we're running low on money) and I'm ready to have a sense of purpose in my life. :)