Saturday, August 2, 2008

I love writing but hate starting...

As I stare at this blank screen, I have Alex to thank for that little snippet of a quote that popped into my head just now. (What ever happened to Alex, btw? Al, if you're reading this, don't be a stranger.) It's so true... when I sit down to write, I often feel like I have a lot to say if I can just figure a way to make it come out properly. Ultimately, I just have to set down those first few words, and it tends to flow from there.

So here we go. It is flowing. Albeit somewhat haltingly. I am officially "blogging", as the kids call it, and I'll try to 1) get the word out that my awkward attempts at documenting my life are now on display for the world to see and 2) avoid the fate that seems to befall many bloggers, which is not actually blogging, but rather setting up a cool looking page and then never updating it.

The only thing I have to say right now is that it is Saturday night, I had my last official day of work in Illinois today, and I have a TON of stuff to get done in the next three days (oh god, there's only three left...) before we leave for California. I am thoroughly weirded out by the fact that one week from now, I will be in my new house in Berkeley, probably eating cereal on the floor since we will likely still be lacking in furnishings and nourishment. But I'll let you know how it goes.


This is kind of fun so far.

No comments: