Sunday, August 3, 2008

Something to Keep in Mind

I can already sense the dangers this blog presents. Now I'm going to feel entitled or even obligated to write down every stupid tangential thought that comes into my brain.

Anyway. I just put in a fairly great 10-miler with the dogs, and I feel really good. A lot of things pass through your brain when you're pounding the pavement for long enough, and while my brain was busy whirring away, thinking about all the stuff we have to get done in the next few weeks, how much and how quickly my life is going to change, I couldn't help looking down and smiling at the dogs. They have no idea anything is going to be any different, and even if they somehow could understand, they wouldn't care. They're just thrilled to be alive, to be with the people they love, to be underneath the sun, running through the grass, enjoying life.

I'm going to try to keep that in mind the next time I start stressing out about the "important" things I need to get done. (Especially since U-Haul just called, and we're going to have to pick up our moving trailer in Decatur tomorrow - ugh!) Running through the grass with a smile on your face is much better.

No comments: