Monday, November 25, 2013

Berkeley, here I come!

Earlier this week, I went for a run.  I use this website called Gmap Pedometer to see how far my runs are, and you have to type in your town for it to zoom in.  So I get back, and I sit down, and I type, "berkeley, ca" into the search bar.

Whoops.

It was actually the first time I'd done that here.  When I first moved to Berkeley, oh so many moons ago, I typed "urbana, il" multiple times - sheer force of habit - and it made me a little sad every time.  This made me a little sad too, except that I'm leaving for Berkeley today, so mostly it was just a funny little trick that my fingers played on me.

Now I have to sit on planes and in airports for something like 11 hours, but it will all be worth it.  I can't wait to see everyone!  I am so so so excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my guess is you're the opposite of excited to get back to your new home today- so freakin' cold. I hope you had a really! great time in Berkeley, and that your flight situation went well. Love you! Mommy