Sunday, March 25, 2012

Santa Barbara (a little bit)


I'm in Santa Barbara for Spring Break!  Unfortunately it's rainy today, which almost never, ever happens here, but it's actually very beautiful; there are billowy clouds with lots of different shades of gray that roll right up into the mountains, and the ocean is dark blue and gray too.

Way more unfortunate than the rain is the fact that I took my camera with me when we went out to the wharf today and I only got this one picture before the battery died.  I was so bummed!  There was an awesome life-size sand sculpture of a mermaid that I really wanted to get a picture of, and we went up in the courthouse tower and got a really beautiful view of the whole town.  Thankfully I brought my battery charger, and I'll be here until Friday, so I'm charging it right now and am going to take lots of pictures the rest of the week and post them soon.  And it's supposed to be sunny and 65 degrees the rest of the week too, so there should be no difficulty in forcing myself to walk around outside and snap some good shots of downtown, the beach, the flowers, the waves crashing...

It is so beautiful here!  But for now it's warm coffee, bumming around online, and hopefully a little bit of work before I head out to dinner with some friends tonight.  More soon!

No comments: