Sunday, September 14, 2008

San Francisco!

This post will be heavy on the pictures and light on the typing, because I have lots of homework to get back to! I just wanted to share some pictures of San Francisco with you guys.

Yesterday three of my classmates and I went into the city to just walk around and take in the sights. It was an absolutely gorgeous day for it - around 65-70 degrees and sunny. We took the bus (which is free with our student IDs and only take about 35 minutes from Berkeley), had lunch in China Town, and hiked up to Coit Tower, which is a tower on Telegraph Hill that overlooks the city and the San Francisco Bay. We didn't go up to the top of the tower, unfortunately, because it costs $5 and we had already splurged by eating out for lunch! But the view was still fantastic, and the sea breeze was wonderful.

So here are some pictures of San Francisco! I hope you enjoy them!



This is Union Square. I don't really know what's so great about it except that it's famous and it's a big open space in the middle of the city where people apparently sit and drink overpriced coffee. There are also overpriced shops surrounding it too (Gucci, Versace, etc.).


This is the entrance to China Town, complete with a trolley and the
Transamerica Pyramind peeking out in the background.



Here's a nice close-up of a trolley.
It costs like $7 to ride one, so I won't be doing that any time soon.


This one gives you an idea of just how hilly San Francisco is.
I turned around and took this one as we were hiking up to Coit Tower.


Ahhhh. View of the Golden Gate Bridge from the steps of Coit Tower.


Ahhhhh again. This is looking back across the Bay toward Berkeley
and Oakland. The bridge on the right edge of the photo is the
Oakland Bay Bridge, which you can drive across to go from the East Bay
(where Berkeley and Oakland are) to the city.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi again,
Your pictures are beautiful!
Makes Champaign look a little
pathetic in comparison.






Grandma and Grandpa

Melinda said...

Hahaha, I don't know about pathetic. It is really beautiful here, but that doesn't mean I don't miss home!

I'm glad you found my pictures and that you were able to leave me a comment. :) Pretty soon you'll be starting up your own blog, right? ;) ;)