Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I think this chapter is done!!?!??!?!!1!

I seriously need a walk, but I think this chapter is as done as it's going to be for now.  I decided to not even bother with the introduction, because I'd rather hurry up and get it to my advisors so they can tell me if it makes any sense before I worry about writing a decent introduction.

So!  We are sitting at 103 pages, friends, and this chapter clocks in at 23.  Considering that that's minus the as-yet non-existent introduction, but includes 9 pages of the best discussion section I've written yet - it was like pulling teeth, probably because I came up with my own theory of how speech production works that seems to actually account for my own findings and a small slew of findings in the literature - it is a very significant 23 pages for me.  I now know exactly what I'm arguing, and I now have to go back and make the rest of this thing jive with what I'm arguing.

Allow me to continue tooting my own horn for a moment, and say that I analyzed all of the data for this chapter and wrote the entire thing in exactly 3 weeks.  That is progress.  And even if I'm a little behind where I would have liked to be by now, I really think this thing is shaping up, and I might even end up being somewhat happy with it.

Now... let's see what the advisors say.  :-P  Gonna go for a walk, re-read the whole thing, and then send it off.

THREE DOWN, TWO TO GO.  I GOT THIS.

3 comments:

John S-G said...

Awesome! You rock!

Melinda said...

Thanks, John!! :)

Unknown said...

wow, huge congrats!

love, mommy