Friday, May 3, 2013

"...trying to memorize every corner, letting my eyes rest on all of the things I have loved..."

We have a very Berkeley, very local news blog that I like to keep up on, and a guest contributor posted this article this past week.  It hits home a little bit too hard right now.  Read the article for an idea of how I'm feeling these days, and read the comments for an idea of what the annoying parts of Berkeley are...

Today is another writing day.  I've been coding, staring at data, and trying to figure out what I should say for the past week.  But today, it's time to sit down and make myself write.  It's already May, and that's freaking me out in multiple ways.  I've looked at my data in every way I can think of over the past two weeks, and now I have to just say something, even if it's not going to be as good or as conclusive or as tied-up-in-a-bow as I would like it to be.  Then I can come back to it in a few weeks and make it better, once I've gotten comments from my advisors, and I can also compare these results with whatever I find in my other chapters.

To work!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh honey, it's going to be tough to leave Berkeley, and YOU're not even going to Boulder :) when one door closes....... yada yada... just words now, but they'll mean something later in retrospect. I Love You.