Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve at Point Reyes

My mom just left yesterday morning.  She was only here for a few days (on the way back to Illinois after visiting my brother in Las Vegas), but on Christmas Eve, we drove up to Point Reyes, a lookout over the Pacific Ocean where there's apparently a really cool lighthouse (which we didn't venture out to see because it was too cold), and where you can do some whale watching if the whales are around and you're patient enough.  Even though it was a bit of a long drive, made longer by the fact that I missed a few turns on the way back, I think we both had a good time, and I got some nice pictures out of the deal too.
















I think this is my favorite one.










Yesterday, for Christmas, we went to my friend Jess's house and consumed way too much cheese and butter and cream.  Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I definitely consumed way too much of those things.  I tell myself it may have been slightly offset by running 9 miles yesterday morning, but even if not... oh well.  I also told myself I would do 9 more miles today, but I seriously doubt that's going to happen, since I already ate more bread and cheese this morning, and it's cold and gray outside.  I think I'm going to walk the dogs, listen to This American Life, and do some errands instead.

Merry Christmas, everyone!  I hope you spent it surrounded by the people you love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice visit with
your Mom. It wasn;t the same here
without you guys but we're
getting used to it by now and I think everybody had a good time, I
hope you and Roger liked our gift
to you.

Love to both of you,
Gma and Gpatorsi

Anonymous said...

I got to spend a very lovely Christmas with my loved ones! Pictures look great. Nothing wrong with bread and cheese :) I Love you baby girl; thanks for being a patient chauffeur and a very gracious hostess!

Anonymous said...

my darling daughter, it's OK if you post pics. of your new place; everyone who reads your blog could handle it I'd hope. I miss you and want to know what's going on with you even if I'm leery of your life choices. I hope you know that I'll always be interested in your life and that I love you, no matter what.

Your mommy