Thursday, November 17, 2011

things that make me happy

Here is a list of things that have made me happy today:

- Meeting with my undergrad phonetics students.  They're so bright and enthusiastic, and it makes me grateful to have them in my class, and grateful to have the opportunity to teach them and interact with them.

- Coming home at 4:30.  Because I can.

- Hot chocolate.

- Playing the piano for an hour.  Because I can.

- Greek yogurt with fig jam and almonds.  Holy cow, what a delicious discovery.

- Setting up a time to go running with friends on Saturday.  Friends - plural!  A group of 4 or 5 of us are doing a 6-miler on Saturday morning!

- Along those lines: planning the rest of my marathon training.  I don't even have to do my first 20-miler until mid-January, and I'll still be perfectly prepared.

- Persimmon season.

- Talking about going to Montreal this summer!  A plan has been hatched.  There may be a Chicago-Montreal road trip in the works...

- Having red hair again.  It was time.

It doesn't show up that great in this picture, but trust me.  It is great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I'm happy when you're happy, but the red hair..... not so much. :)

your ever-loving mommy with dull brown locks.

Anonymous said...

What ever makes you happy sweetie
is aok with me even the red hair. With your coloring, it looks good. I won't be talking to you and I'm probably not supposed to say this on your blog but oh well. You and your sweet hubby have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Love you both,
Grandma and Grandpa