Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's the Melinda show!

Sometimes I feel like Tuesday is the Melinda show.  I have to go teach for an hour, then I'm presenting a paper in my graduate phonetics seminar, and then I'm presenting a paper in my psycholinguistics seminar.

All of these things are good for me and I enjoy them, but it's just weird to be explaining things to people all day.  It simultaneously makes me feel somewhat competent and like a poseur.  ("Don't listen to me, I don't actually know what I'm talking about!")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

full steam ahead professor, you can
handle it.
We just got home, had supper with
your Mom at the Red Wheel in
Monticello. Didn't compare with your birthday dinner but it was good. Love you.

Grandma and Grandpa

Anonymous said...

hahaha. kinda like "I'm just a kid just like you", only I have to pretend to be the adult. It lasts your whole life, fyi.