Monday, October 31, 2011

giving myself permission

I am in beautiful, sunny, beautiful San Diego.  (I know I just described it as beautiful twice in the same sentence.)  I got in last night, went for a dip in the hotel hot tub, then went to sleep nice and early.  Woke up around 8:00 this morning, lazed around for a bit, got some breakfast at Starbucks, took a shower, and decided that I am not going to do any work right now.  I was going to start right in on editing my conference talk for Friday and working on my dissertation prospectus, but you know what?  It's beautiful here.  (Did I mention that?)  And I don't have any conference activities I absolutely have to attend today, so I'm going to go walk around San Diego with my camera.

Then I can come back early this evening, buckle down, and put my nose back to the grindstone.  But it's sunny and 70 degrees, and I finally got a good night's sleep, and I am giving myself permission to go wander around for a few hours.

I'll be back later, with pictures. :)

No comments: