Friday, June 3, 2011

No, *whoa*.

I am one of those annoying Francophiles who is just hopelessly in love with France, it turns out.  It feels so good to be here.  I feel like I've come home, in a way, but I know that's completely ridiculous.

It is so unbelievably gorgeous tonight.  74 degrees with a fantastic breeze and still just as light out at 9:03 as it was at 6:03.  We are exhausted but I am so perfectly content.  I was able to stay awake until I got on the plane from San Francisco to Charlotte, then slept for about 3-4 hours on the plane to Charlotte, changed planes, and slept about 5-6 hours on the way to Paris.  Then I met up with my friends at the airport and we made our way to this beautiful apartment in this fantastic neighborhood, explored a bit, walked around a lot, bought a bunch of groceries, walked around a lot more, then finally came back and opened all the windows and ate bread and cheese and strawberries for dinner.

I kind of want to stay here forever.

There will be many more pictures in the days to come, but for now, I should probably try to get a liiiiittle bit of work done.  This has turned into a weird, Twilight Zone, never-ending day, and I'm going to completely pass out in not a very long time, but dang.  Life is good.




The entryway to our apartment for the next few weeks.  The wallpaper in the entryway is probably the weirdest I've ever seen, but this place is overall completely fantastic.  Straight ahead is the bathroom, to the left is the kitchen, and just to the right of this shot is the front door.


Looking from the front door into the two main rooms.  I get the pull-out couch on the left, and to the right is a cozy little bedroom.

Looking at the balcony, with our little table and chairs.  We're on the top floor, so the view is pretty neat!   (And there's even an elevator!  It only holds two people at a time, but it's still pretty exciting, since we're on the 8th floor.)


Me trying to get a good shot of myself and the view out the little window in the bathroom.  Too much sunlight to see out the window, unfortunately.


Looking out the kitchen window.


Looking off of our balcony, to the right, towards the Canal St. Martin (which you will get pictures of soon).
Looking off our balcony to the left.  Lots of cute little neighborhood bars and cafés to check out in this neighborhood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoopee you're there. I can feel
your excitement!. Thanks for the
update. I was really pretty upset
with Peg. She was supposed to let me know when you were leaving so I could call you and tell you goodbye and she didn't. It was my own fault for not reading your blog. Anyway goodbye, I'm glad you're there and don't get too attached to it and forget where home is.. Love you, bye Gmawroxie

Anonymous said...

cute apt., I'm so glad. Really nice to have a decent-sized bathroom and an elevator!! Hope you find some subjects soon. Have fun!!

Lots of love, Mommy