Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Whoa.

I am suddenly leaving for France in the morning.  In like, 5 hours.

I knew this was coming, obviously, but these things always sneak up on me somehow, even if I've been thinking about them for a long time.

I've decided to mostly not sleep tonight.  I went out for coffee with a friend around 6:00 tonight, on purpose, because this way I think I can stay awake until I have to leave the house a little after 4:00 am.  (I still need to do laundry and pack, too.  Oops.)  Then I'll take BART to the airport and get on a 7:25 flight for Charlotte, maybe nap a little bit, change planes in Charlotte, and hopefully sleep most of the way to Paris.  Then I'll wake up in Paris around 6:30 am on Thursday, find my friends that I'm staying with, find our apartment, get some coffee and breakfast, and holy cow be in Paris.  I'll be having coffee and breakfast in Paris in about 24 hours.

And then we're going to put flyers up all over the place, looking for subjects for our experiments.  And then at some point, I'll get a good night's sleep.  ;)

Here we go!  Wheeeeeee...

No comments: