Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ohhh, this town...





Everything about this video is so Berkeley.  Everything I really like and everything that drives me crazy about this town sometimes, right there.  And some nice shots of Berkeley, too!

Last night, my friend Greg and I played at an open mic night at an Irish pub in south Berkeley called The Starry Plough.  Well, Greg played the 12-string acoustic guitar, and we both sang.  It was really, really fun, and I think we'll do it again soon.  I hadn't sung in front of people in literally years.  It's such a rush, and I wasn't nearly as nervous as I thought I would be.  Probably because at every open mic night at the Plough, there are some people who are terrible beyond belief.  It really would be a challenge to be the worst act at the Plough, so that's a confidence booster, right there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, I wanted more pictures :( I thought there were some of the Plough place. You need to get some video on your camera phone for me, PLEASE.

And yeah, Berkeley is pretty unique- I know right where that guy is sitting!

Mommy