Saturday, April 11, 2015

El Paso

So, here I am in El Paso, Texas for three weeks!  In case I haven't had the chance to tell you in person and you're interested in these sorts of things, I did not land a faculty job for next year, so I will be staying in State College for another year.  Except for the times when I'm off doing my forced gallivanting for research purposes, that is.  Which is what brings me to El Paso: I'm here collecting data on English-Spanish bilinguals and enjoying the sunshine and Mexican food.  Here are some pictures from my first week here, which has been very nice, all things considered.

















3 comments:

Emily Bruce said...

Beautiful photos, Melinda! I hope you're having fun with your data collection.

gobbomom said...

well, "I" am interested in ALL things Melinda- related :)

I'm sorry you have to go another round of job interviewing, but you'll have some time to before then to enjoy life and get stuff published. So do that. lol.

I hope you like your new abode.

El Paso looks like no place I've ever been.

I love you, your Mommy

Melinda said...

I'm so glad to see that you're still reading my blog, Emily! It's so nice to hear from you! Please send me an email sometime, if you're so inclined. I'd love to hear what you're up to!