Saturday, November 1, 2014

IIIIIIII don't wanna work...

... I just want to bang my head on the desk all day.

I have literally spent 31 of the past 45 hours working.  And during that time period, I have only slept once.  That is probably more time since yesterday morning (starting at 3:30 am) than many people (including myself, at times) spend working in an entire week.

On the bright side: I have submitted a job application and an article proposal to one of the best journals in my field, and I have exciting results from the experiments I've been working on.

On the not as bright side: I'm a little worried that I will never be able to think straight again.  It's remarkably similar to writing my dissertation, actually, and it has me a little worried that this is going to become a semi-regular occurrence in my life.  Punctuated periods of ridiculously intense concentration, followed by a refractory period in which I just feel completely stupid and unmotivated to do anything.

I... am done writing.  I am going to drink a glass of wine and stare into space until I fall asleep.  And then I'm going to NOT set an alarm, and then I'm going to lay in bed for like, an hour after I wake up.  AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME.

1 comment:

Camilla Cryptid said...

Oooo...that sounds rough. Poor thing! Drink that wine. Have two glasses! You deserve it. :)