Sunday, August 4, 2013

I. DON'T. WANT. TO TALK. ABOUT. ARTICULATORY. DURATION. ANY. MORE.

NO MORE.

IDON'TWANNATALKABOUTITANYMOREDOYOUHEARME????

Oh my god, you guys, 26 pages of talking about the duration of articulatory movements.  I want it to be over, and somehow, it's never over.  There is always more to say.

I am so goddamned close to being done with this background chapter, and I just don't think I can finish it tonight.  10+ hours a day of writing for four days straight, and I'm having a really hard time keepin' on keepin' on.

All I have left now is to summarize my research questions.  And I have started doing so, but I'm hitting the wall again, where I can't think straight or form coherent sentences anymore.  I'm getting all spacey and glassy-eyed, and I can't tell what's important, or remember how I intended to finish my sentences by the time I'm a clause and a half in.

GAH I really wanted to be done tonight.  But it might be time to pack it in.

Good lord I am ready to be done.  I have made so, so much progress over the past few days, and I am getting so close, both temporally and work-wise.  I still have to write my discussion chapter, but I kind of don't even care at this point.  I mean, I know it's going to suck too, but I am just so, so close that I can taste it.

DO YOU HEAR ME, DISSERTATION?  YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED, MY FRIEND.



8/5, ETA: I just emailed my background chapter to my advisors.  I'm... kind of happy?  I guess?  But also kind of... vaguely angry that I just worked for about 15 hours straight.  (Such that obviously the only appropriate course of action is to whine some more to the interwebs.  Sorry.  This is my venting space right now.)  Also: feeling apprehensive that every day this week is basically going to be like this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! You're going to have to change the name of this blog. How about: Kickin' ass and takin' names?

You're gonna make it; The end is nigh.

Jimmy said...

If there's anything you can be sure of, it's that I won't even mention whatever the hell you're mad about.

Unless I specifically want to piss you off.