Sunday, February 24, 2013

feeling like a big ol' dork

So far today I have finished my Skype meeting with my potential post doc advisors, begun stewing a very delicious smelling rabbit (because hey, why not? I've never cooked a rabbit before), and played the piano for a good long while.  Now I am munching on baby carrots and sitting around in my new Huckin' Wugs t-shirt (see photo) and not really knowing what to do with myself until our frisbee game tonight.


What a huge dork.  I mean, seriously.

... How weird is it if I read a statistics book?  I have this thing lately where when I don't know what else to do with myself, I just work.  But I'm enjoying my work a lot right now, so I think it's okay.  And one can always stand to learn some more about regression models, right? ...

On the very bright side, there are currently 13 people signed up for my summer course on language acquisition!  And my Skype meeting went very well, and I'm very excited about my potential post doc project.  I will be quite disappointed if I don't get to pursue it, at this point.

So things are looking pretty good.  Busy, and up-in-the-air feeling, but good.

2 comments:

gobbomom said...

I love that shirt. Seems to me that dorkish-nerd types are the new "in". I'm glad, though that you're getting out for exercise and play or your brain might explode. Love, mommy

Anonymous said...

With my eye surgery back in January and my computer being down for a couple of weeks I had a lot of reading
to catch up on but it's all been fun
and interesting at the same time. You
have a very interesting life now. I miss your grandpa so much, even thoI
feel his presence so much. I don't
want to get into that now. I think I've been doing so well. Gotta go.

Love you.
Granny