Friday, May 13, 2011

QP approved!

Hey!  My QP was approved!

That is so great!

I mean... that doesn't make it any better of a paper.  (There are still plenty of things to fix.  In the future.)  But now I can check that off my list, and I just have to take my exam on Tuesday.

I'm strangely not that nervous about my exam.  In fact, maybe I should be more nervous, so I'll study/prepare more.  But... I'm feeling pretty good about things.  My exam chair said there will be about an hour of discussion about my QP, then about an hour of discussion about the annotated bibliography I submitted to my examiners, then about an hour of discussion about what my "dissertation plans" are shaping up to be.  And "if you could prepare an outline of your dissertation plans, that would be very helpful - the more you prepare, the better, since that will give us more to talk about".  Uhh yeah.  I have some ideas, and I know the general direction I'm going, so I can talk about that, but I am in no way prepared to make up an outline.

So... I need to think about that some more this weekend, and make up a little outline of issues/questions that came up in my QP to help organize my thinking some more.  And write a conference abstract by Sunday night.  And probably at least start on my poster that has to go to the printer on Wednesday.  (I'm leaving for Seattle next Monday - yikes!)

But!  For now, there is graduation tomorrow, and it's breezy and sunny and I'm going to curl up with some more reading and some tea.  One of these days, I'll read a novel or something, but for now it's more articles about bilingualism and lexical access.  (I just ordered a statistics/programming book off of Amazon that I'm intending to read over the summer.  I never thought I would be perusing statistics books in my free time... of my own free will... partially because I want to.  But I kind of like it.)

No comments: