Monday, October 4, 2010

Before and After: Melinda Version

Here's a picture of me right after I got my hair cut a few weeks ago:


And I here I am after I got bored yesterday:


I'm a redhead on the inside anyway, I think.

I should get back to work, but I'm (still, again, always) working on putting together stimuli for my QP perception experiment, and you can only stare at lists of made up words for so long. Bowp, chuss, pake, beel, mide... starts to drive you crazy pretty quickly.

So the only other thing I will add is that I got a group of friends together to play Ultimate Frisbee on Friday afternoon, and it was so fantastic. I think everyone had a great time, and I certainly did, and I can't wait to do it again. It was so freeing - running around in the grass with friends on a sunny afternoon. There are few better things in life, in my opinion! And at the end it was starting to get a little muddy, so a bunch of us took off our shoes and I could feel the cool, soft grass underneath my feet and the mud squishing between my toes. So good.

The only embarrassing part is that I am still sore! From frisbee! All of that changing directions and jumping up and down and chucking a disk around... much higher impact than I'm used to, and different muscles, I guess. Then I ran 20 miles yesterday (last time before my race!) and that actually made some of the soreness go away, except I'm just slightly tired and hungry and out of whack today.

So now I will go back to drinking my tea and staring at made up words.

3 comments:

JadeEJF said...

I totally approve! ;) Haha :D

Anonymous said...

Lookin good babe!

Grandma

Anonymous said...

well, the haircut is really cute, and I DO agree that you [inherited] a lot of redness, but I still like it better brown. It's funny some of the things that make you sore in places you long ago forgot about using. I'm glad you got to play (without your dogs hounding your heels). Stay well this week... lots of sleep and healthy food. Love you.