Friday, June 19, 2009

Heeeeere, house-y house-y house-y...

An update! Because I'm tired of scouring Craigslist for a place to live, but it's not quite time to walk the dogs yet.
Whaddya think? Maybe we'll just move to this here house in the Berkeley hills. Not a bad view, right? Let's check out the specs:

5 bed/4 bath
Rent: $14,800/month (not a typo)
Deposit: $28,000

Haha! Hahaha! Best part:

"Entertaining friends and clients in this unique and magnificent setting is a must. Are you a ROCK STAR, CEO or PRO ATHLETE? If so, this home is for you!"


Uhhhh yeah. We'll keeping looking for our 2 bedroom house with a postage stamp lawn that will still cost us a small fortune, thankyouverymuch.

In other news, um, nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'm just wiling away the days reading random books and articles (but nothing important and/or related to school), running my dogs, and doing the occasional housework. I did laundry this week, that was exciting. Baked brownies and ate almost the whole pan by myself. Pulled weeds, trimmed bushes, and got a nice blister on the inside of my thumb.

The thing is, it doesn't even feel like summer. Yes, I'm languishing away, getting to that point in my boredom where even though I know there are things I could be doing, if I would try a bit harder to think of them, my motivation is flagging and I've gotten into a little rut of nothingness. And everyone knows that's what summer's all about. But summer just isn't summer without 90 degree heat and air that's thick and swampy with humidity. This Bay Area "summer" is just like Bay Area spring, and not really much different than Bay Area winter, to tell you the truth. Sure, it's only cloudy in the mornings now, and it blows out and clears up around 1:00 every afternoon, but it still only gets up to 65 during the day, and it's still cool enough to sleep with a blanket at night. I'm not complaining, per se - I do realize that would be rather ridiculous - but it's weird. I'm not used to wearing long pants and sometimes a sweater in June.

It's actually warmer today, though, and I think it's supposed to be in the 70's for the next few days. We might go into the city tomorrow and get croissants and coffee at some French bakery. Roger said someone from work brought in pastries from this place called La Boulange and the croissants were awesome - real French style, nice and golden brown and crispy on the outside and everything. So maybe we'll have a date!!


Well, I don't have much else to say. I will most definitely update as soon as we find a new place to live, though, and that should hopefully be sometime relatively soon. There are two houses I have my fingers crossed for right now, but I haven't heard back from either landlord, so that's probably not the best sign...

It's okay. Life is good and we will find something soon, and then I'll let you know all about it!

2 comments:

704Studio said...

I could not afford rent on that house for 1 hour :).

You hit it with summer weather, yesterday was 91 and heavy humid, I went out at noon and ran the arboretum hill for 1 hour, refilling my water bottle constantly at the little laundry house across the street.

I'm getting ready for a DWD 50k in the Baraboo HIlls in a few weeks at Devil's Lake, it should be fun and challenging.

Good luck house hunting!

Kate said...

i am so so so jealous of your weather, the illinois summers kill me and it isn't even to the worst of it. I coud definitely live without this humidity and also suffer from no motivation.