Sunday, May 17, 2009

Today

Things I have already done today:

- Took the dogs for a walk. A really nice guy in his front yard had some treats in his pocket and he gave them some.

- Went through several hundred examples of the word 'head' in French. Don't ask.

- Couldn't take it anymore and decided to bake some madeleines. Ate madeleines and drank more coffee.

- Wasted time on Facebook and now on my blog.

Things I really need to do today:

- Stop eating madeleines and drinking coffee.

- Go back to sifting through examples of 'head' in French. I only have 200 more years' worth to go! I'll be so happy when this paper is written and turned in.

- Work on and hopefully finish my final data analysis problem for my stats class. Hopefully it will go off without a hitch.

- Walk the dogs again, enjoy some sunshine, and get some sleep so I can write my historical linguistics paper all day tomorrow!

Et bientôt, machinalement, accablé par la morne journée et la perspective d'un triste lendemain, je portai à mes lèvres une cuillerée du thé où j'avais laissé s'amollir un morceau de madeleine. Mais à l'instant même où la gorgée mêlée des miettes du gâteau toucha mon palais, je tressaillis, attentif à ce qui se passait d'extraordinaire en moi. Un plaisir délicieux m'avait envahi, isolé, sans la notion de sa cause...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi again Melinda,
I wanted to clear up something so
you don't think I'm a complete
illiterate. When I left a comment
on Tuesday I signed it LOL. Now I
know these days that means laugh
out loud but in my time it meant
Lots of Love which is what I meant. Your Mom thought I was nuts.

Bye now